**Priority given to Saugeen Ojibway Nation Members
Supervisor: Resources and Infrastructure Manager
Term of Employment: CONTRACT
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
● Administrative support to the Resources and Infrastructure team (meeting organization, minute taking, filing lead, agreement body drafting etc.)
● Finance lead - ensure all invoices are paid appropriately, monitor all accounts and alert Associate & Manager if any are running low
● Track funding reporting requirements (bring to managers attention on time)
● Cultural coordination (arranging ceremony as needed)
● Organizing in person meetings & events (materials, food etc.)
● Coordinate archeology monitors (find, ensure they have necessary info, ensure paid)
● General Archeology support
● Draft Letter of Agreement (LOA) body text and budget
● Draft Environmental Protection Agreement body
● Document management (create new folder for each project, import store all documents
● Track project budgets, including project-specific and funding pots. The Executive
Assistant is the lead on tracking and knowing which projects have budget and which do not. The Executive Assistant is responsible to prompt the Associate and Manager when a new or amended LOA budget may be required.
● Enter complete information for new projects into the Master Tracker spreadsheet.
● Manage technical expert invoices (ensure paid)
● Complete & submit Meeting Attendance form for Nawash councillors
● Take, distribute, and store meeting minutes when necessary
● Submit monthly mileage for Manager & Associate
● See other responsibilities as designated in the “Internal Procedures for
Consultation-Resources & Infrastructure” document.
● Degree in natural resource management or related field considered and asset
● Minimum 2 years’ experience working with or within a First Nations government or
● Knowledge of SON rights, Territory, and culture
● In depth understanding of the duty to consult and accommodate. Knowledge of FPIC,
and related Canadian law considered an asset
● Experience working with or within Municipal/Provincial/Federal governments considered
● Knowledge of municipal planning considered an asset
● Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
● Attention to detail
● Microsoft excel
● Database management
● Time management
● Team player
● Clear verbal and written communication
● Financial management
10129 Hwy. ^
Georgian Bluffs ON N0H 2T0
Chippewas of Saugeen First Nation and Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation Band Members, and persons of Indigenous heritage are encouraged to apply.
Applications may be mailed to @email with the job title and your name in the subject line (e.g. "R&I Executive Assitant - APPLICANT NAME").
All applications are appreciated, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.